Since 1921, MB HAYNES Corporation, in Asheville, NC, has provided solid, stable careers for many good people. As market leaders, we have enjoyed tremendous growth through the years, and we are poised for even greater growth in the future. We believe in our tag line, Quality, Commitment & Character all day, every day. Come join the fun, and become a member of our, 100% Employee Owned, MB HAYNES family
The Sheet Metal Mechanic/Installer will sketch for fabrication, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair sheet metal ducts with very little supervision. This person will be assigned a helper and will report to the job foreman/supervisor. Must be capable of reading blue prints and understand job specific specifications. Must have standard tools used in this industry. All other tools will be supplied.
- 5+ years experience preferred.
- Must pass criminal background check and pre-employment drug screening.
- Must have a positive and cooperative attitude and excellent attendance.
- Must be able to get along with fellow workers, other tradesmen on the job site, inspectors, customers and the public.
- Properly use safety equipment and personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of all types of hand tools.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed both indoor and outdoor environments in all/extreme weather conditions.
- This position requires physical activity including extended periods of standing and walking, frequent sitting, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and climbing.
- Requires the ability to frequently lift and/or carry materials and/or supplies and other materials weighing up to 50 lbs. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of materials and/or supplies weighing up to 100 lbs.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Benefit Conversion at Termination (COBRA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance
- Additional (voluntary) life insurance (for employee and family members)
- AFLAC (voluntary) supplemental insurance
- Legal Shield (voluntary) prepaid legal services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tool and Equipment Assistance
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
- Apprenticeship Programs
MB HAYNES Is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Click the Apply button above to start the process.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese