Since 1921, MB HAYNES Corporation, in Asheville, NC, has provided solid, stable careers for many good people. As market leaders, we have enjoyed tremendous growth through the years, and we are poised for even greater growth in the future. We believe in our tag line, Quality, Commitment & Character all day, every day. Come join the fun, and become a member of our, 100% Employee Owned, MB HAYNES family.
Normal Workdays are Tuesday through Saturday. Work on Saturday is required.
The right candidate will be providing technical service and repair to vehicles and equipment by listening to operator complaints, conducting inspections, repairing and replacing parts and components. Reading job orders, observing and listening to the vehicle in operation by conducting test drives, determining malfunction and planning work procedures for repairs. Other duties include ensuring repaired vehicles conform to specifications, keeping equipment available for use by inspecting and testing vehicles, completing preventive maintenance such as oil changes, tire rotation, and replacing filters. Installation of basic components such as brakes, batteries and wipers including lubrication of moving parts. Close examination of basic safety components of vehicles and equipment such as protective guards, loose bolts and specified safety devices on vehicles and equipment making any adjustments as necessary, along with other duties as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of vehicle service and proper maintenance scheduling.
- Valid Driver’s License required. A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) preferred. A valid CDL must be obtained within 90-days of employment. CDL Licensing can be completed using MB Haynes equipment.
- Graduate of vocational classes preferred.
- NC State inspection license is required. If candidate does not have license at time of hire, he/she must obtained licensing within 90 days of hire.
- Computer skills required.
- Must supply and maintain tools necessary to perform the duties of the job.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is primarily performed indoors in a maintenance garage but includes frequent work outdoors in all/extreme weather conditions. The successful candidate must be able to perform “field services” in all weather conditions.
- This position may require some 40+ hour work weeks as necessary.
- This position requires considerable physical activity including extended periods of standing and walking, frequent sitting, kneeling, bending, crouching, reaching, stooping and climbing. Requires the ability to frequently lift and/or carry equipment, supplies and other materials weighing up to 50lbs. Occasional lifting and/or carrying of equipment or supplies weighing up to 100lbs. Requires the ability to climb in and out of trucks including large boom and bucket trucks.
- Noise levels may be frequently loud requiring shouting in order to be heard or requiring the wearing of protective equipment.
- Includes contact with or exposure to toxic/caustic chemicals, noxious/offensive fumes and odors.
Personal and Organizational Skills:
- Must be able to listen attentively and communicate effectively with others.
- Must keep work area neat, clean and free from debris or safety hazards.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with co-owners and drivers.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan)
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Benefit Conversion at Termination (COBRA)
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability (voluntary)
- Life Insurance
- Additional (voluntary) life insurance (for employee and family members)
- AFLAC (voluntary) supplemental insurance
- Legal Shield (voluntary) prepaid legal services
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tool and Equipment Assistance
- Uniform and Uniform Maintenance
- Vacation Benefits
- Apprenticeship Programs
MB HAYNES is Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Click the Apply button above to start the process.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese