Are you looking for a company you can grow with? A company where you feel like part of the family and not just another employee number? Do you want to be a part of something great? Hunter Contracting Co. is a family-owned, heavy civil contracting firm serving Arizona since 1961. We are looking for good, hard-working, high-energy, self-motivating, professional individuals to grow with our project needs.
What we are proud to offer you:
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Care
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Sick Time Pay
- Company Vehicle
Job Purpose: To analyze blueprints, specifications, proposals, and other documentation in order to prepare time, cost, and labor estimates for products, projects, and/or services while applying knowledge of specialized methodologies, techniques, principals, and processes. .
Roles, Duties, & Responsibilities:
- Prepare cost estimates on Water/Wastewater Treatment Plants ranging in size from $1M-$50M
- Analyzes blueprints and other documentation to prepare time, cost, materials, and labor estimates.
- Assesses cost effectiveness of projects and tracks actual costs relative to bids as the project develops.
- Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or to effect cost reduction.
- Confers with owners, contractors, and subcontractors on changes and adjustments to cost estimates.
- Consults with engineers, clients, vendors, and construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Reviews material and labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Computes cost factors and prepares estimates used for management purposes, such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work, preparing bids, selecting vendors or subcontractors, and determining cost effectiveness.
- May specialize according to particular service performed, type or product manufactured, or phase of work involved, such as tools and fixture costs, production costs, construction costs, or material costs.
- Participates in weekly Management staff meetings.
- Visits project sites prior to bid and during construction.
- Develops long-term plans and programs to evaluate work accomplishments.
- Participates in marketing HCC services with owners, developers, and other general contractors.
- Adheres to all company safety policies and procedures. Communicates and encourages all applicable safety policies and procedures with employees. Enforces all applicable safety policies and procedures with employees.
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
- Complete understanding of construction plans, including but not limited to:
- Site Excavations
- Structural Concrete
- Mechanical Piping and
- Rates information using standards, which can be measured or checked.
- Looks at flat drawings or pictures and understands how they would look as solid objects.
- Willing to work long hours, weekend work, and willingness to assume a high level of responsibility.
- Demonstrates good people skills, oral and written communication skills, and a sound technical background in construction technology.
- Knowledge of construction equipment and government requirements.
- Good background in mathematics, including algebra and geometry, drafting, and blueprint reading.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
- Ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and analytical skills.Knowledge of the client market.
- Approaches work in a meticulous, thorough, and detailed manner.
- Experience with Hard Dollar Estimating, On-Screen Takeoff, SmartBid.Net or other similar software.
- Can be trusted to maintain confidentiality and adhere to company values.Presents a positive image that reflects well on the organization.Prioritizes work to meet goals or deadlines.
- Possesses a valid Drivers License.
Education & Work Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction or Civil Engineering; AND,
- Minimum five (5) years in related field; OR,
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
We do E-Verify, Background Checks and Drug Screens
Women, Minorities and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY statement
Hunter provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Hunter complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training, apprenticeship, and/or on-the-job training.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese