Smith & Loveless, a Lenexa-based manufacturer of water reuse systems, is hiring for a Part-Time Executive Administrative Assistant.
The Part-Time Executive Administrative Assistant will perform a variety of sensitive and confidential administrative duties assisting the President and other executive members. This position reports to the President of Smith & Loveless.
The part-time schedule will cover about 28-30 hours per week. We need the candidate to work 5 days a week for about 30 hours per week. We do need some reliability in the schedule, but there is some room for flexibility also.
- Interfaces with executive visitors. Screens incoming calls and refer them to others within the organization when appropriate.
- Maintain a calendar for the President and coordinate daily.
- Review incoming and outgoing correspondences, compose letters and keep appropriate matters confidential at all times.
- Maintain various lists of accounts including, charitable contributions, free/paid publications and memberships held.
- Generate check requests for expenses and submit for approval for renewals, subscriptions, contributions, etc.
- Maintain filing, faxing, and scanning for the President and the Legal department as needed.
- Arrange for corporate travel as requested and generate itineraries to distribute to the appropriate parties as needed and flight check-in.
- Assist with various documents including expense reports, performance reviews, spreadsheets, and surveys.
- Prepare for meetings ensuring meeting rooms, electronic media, and sundry items are ready and schedules are distributed.
- Assist in preparing for the arrival of company/corporate guests.
- Assist in Organizing and Coordinating Facility Upgrades and Improvements
- Process and send company correspondence including Christmas cards and mass mailings.
- Provide Back-up for Other Executive Assistant
- Notarize documents and keep corporate seals for S&L and its subsidiary companies, coordinate circulation or distribution of corporate documents for signatures.
- Special projects as requested.
- Keep work area neat and clean.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Communication- Exceptional communication/conversational skills along with strong grammar and email writing
- Confidential- Ability to handle and maintain sensitive and confidential information
- Organizational and multitasking skills
- High level of Attention to Detail
- Takes Initiative
- Professional Image and Actions
- Adept with Using Microsoft Programs and Applications- Word, some Excel; Skype/Team Meetings, Travel Apps, etc.
- Ability to learn and use other general office computer programs such as electronic time card system
- Exceptional communication/conversational skills along with strong grammar.
- Experience with writing professional emails.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Possess a strong sense of detail-orientation, strong organizational and multitasking skills.
- Proven ability to take initiative.
- Solid office software experience (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Projects a professional image.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Able to walk, sit, and climb stairs on a regular basis.
- Experience with a copier, scanner, fax, and printer.
- Professional phone etiquette.
- 1-2 years of experience in an administrative assistant role.
- Some college-level study with a strong emphasis on English and grammar preferred.
- 5 years executive level administrative assistant or secretarial experience.
A Great Place for Your Career
For over 70 years, Smith & Loveless has cutting-edge environmental engineering ingenuity and quality craftsmanship to the water industry by pioneering superior pre-engineered pumping, treatment and headworks systems. Smith & Loveless' pre-engineered water and wastewater treatment and pumping systems have paved the way for municipalities, developments, industry, governmental, and military facilities. Smith & Loveless' energy-efficient and durable systems deliver unrivaled life-cycle cost savings.
A true pioneer in the water and wastewater pumping industry, Smith & Loveless manufactures cost-effective, operator safe and efficient pump stations for municipal and industrial applications across the globe. Smith & Loveless maintains market leadership in lift station design and manufacturing, grit removal systems for municipal headworks and industrial process streams, and a complete range of wastewater treatment systems. We have tens of thousands of installations in more than 70 nations on all seven continents.
Be a part of the Smith & Loveless team, which develops smarter and more efficient ways to solve the world's environmental challenges. Based in metropolitan Kansas City, with offices and affiliates in suburban Denver, Los Angeles, Atlanta, London, and Auckland, we design, engineer, manufacture, install, and service industry-leading solutions for the transfer, purification, and conservation of our world’s most precious resource, water.
Our world headquarters are located in Lenexa, Kansas, a convenient drive from anywhere in the Kansas City area.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.