Sid Harvey’s is a national wholesale distributor, serving the HVAC/R trades since 1931. Products include both equipment and parts used in heating, air conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing, hydronics and air movement; plus such general categories as tools, instruments, chemicals, and installation and service products used by climate/comfort contractors today. In addition to being the world’s largest remanufacturer of heating parts, Sid Harvey’s also produces it’s own line of brand name products for HVAC/R service work. The company is privately held, and includes 80 branch locations, a central distribution center and a manufacturing plant, across 20 states. Sid Harvey’s corporate office is located in Garden City, NY.
Responsible for the duties assigned by the Branch Manager to assist in all aspects of the operation of an HVAC/R branch. This includes:
- Providing our customer's with exceptional customer service.
- Providing service with a friendly attitude
- Assisting with inventory management and stocking of the shelves
- Gaining knowledge of the products that we sell to our customers
- Potentially delivering products to our customer
- Represents Sid Harvey as an industry leader and is able to understand and communicate what differentiates our business from the competition
- Actively participates in training either in house or events offered by our vendors
- Keep up to date with industry trends and recognizes opportunities with new and existing products that will benefit our customers.
Assist the branch manager to grow branch sales, gross profit margins and branch profit objectives.
- Very strong Refrigeration/HVAC knowledge.
- Team spirit should be evident in all dealings with customers as well as co-workers.
- Able to maintain a positive attitude dealing with customer issues and be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Able to work in fast-paced growing business.
- Committed to ultimate customer services and possess good communicated skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Hardworking and Reliable.
- Able to stand on your feet for most of the day.
- Possess good business mathematics skills.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work 1/2 day on Saturday's as assigned by the branch manager.
Benefits-In addition to highly competitive wages, full-time employees enjoy a very robust benefits package, including:
- Generous company contribution for the employee as well as qualified spouse and dependents insurance for:
- Life insurance.
- Long-term disability insurance.
- Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Sick Time and Swing time. For example, after just one year of service you can accumulate as many as 25 paid days off per year!
- 401-K with partial company match.
- Profit Sharing
- Earn while you learn with free enrollment into the Blue Hawk University, the industry's premier online-based training academy, offering hundreds of beneficial courses for your general knowledge and continuing education.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you want to view the EEO is the Law poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the EEO is the Law Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the Pay Transparency Policy Statement, please click the link: English