- Fleming Island, FL 32003
- Jacksonville, FL 32002
Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package that includes competitive salaries, paid time off, education assistance and much more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent Care and Health Care)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
Under direction of the EH&S Vice President and DOT Compliance Manager, the Safety Administrator is responsible for the administration of the organization’s drug testing, DOT, and safety management programs.
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
Manages the administration of the drug testing program including compiling random drug testing list, serving as the organization’s liaison with third-party drug and alcohol testing service agents and making necessary decisions in the testing and evaluation process.
Maintains divisional OSHA and Workers Compensation reporting and verifies post-accident testing.
Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries and accidents and shares environmental safety information with appropriate levels in the organization.
Provides administrative support for the DOT program. Sends out required documentation to field offices and ensures forms are completed and reviewed by DOT Compliance Manager; obtains DMV reports on all drivers of company vehicles at the point of hire and annually and maintains driver records for compliance and previous employer requests.
Collects and retains monthly project site specific safety employee training records.
Monitors and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes and rules.
- Associates degree in Law Enforcement or Business Management
- Three years of safety and/or law enforcement
- Previous training or certification in DER (FRA)/MVR
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and emergency preparedness
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and applicable OSHA standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to details
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with departmental personnel, management
- Bachelor’s degree in Law Enforcement or Business Management
- Advanced training or certification in safety
- Prolonged periods sitting a desk and working on a computer and laptop
- Ability to lift 25 pounds at a time
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with
disabilities are encouraged to apply.